Babies love to move even if it’s just in one place. They love to be on the move or always be doing something. The best baby jumpers of 2020 will help them exercise their body parts in one place.
They are learning how their body works by movement. Babies as young as 4 months old or they can hold their head up on their own can be placed in a baby jumper.
They will be very hesitant to move at first, but once they recognize what to do in it, they will love it. The joy on baby’s face while jumping in it is so precious. The sound of giggles that baby makes while jumping is also very cute.
Babies should only be in a baby jumper for 10-15 minutes at at time for twice a day only. More time in the jumper can put strains on baby’s hips and neck while jumping up and down too much. The baby jumpers in the doorway is also a safety hazard if not properly used. Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles RN Rachel Blackburn who specializes in rehabilitation speaks about this topic on her hospital’s website.
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure for more details.”
10 of the Best Baby Jumpers of 2020
Fisher-Price Animal Wonders Jumperoo– #1 Best seller
- Freestanding infant jumper with a seat that spins for 360 degrees of play
- Music, lights, and sounds reward and encourage your baby's every bounce
- Easily adjusts to 3 different heights as your baby grows
- Colorful toys include a light-up chameleon, bat-at panda & elephant, lion slider, alligator flipper, froggy teether, beaded giraffe, and more; Plus, 2 take-along toys
- Removable, machine-washable seat pad
Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper, Marianna – #1 Best Seller
- Jumping Fun: Helps develop core muscles and provides entertainment and exercise without taking up floor space
- Easy-To-Use Clamp: Attaches to most interior doorways with molding. No tools are required to make it easy to move from room to room
- Adjustable Straps: Easily customize the height for your child
- Easy to Clean: Carefully read all instructions and warnings on the product, product labels, and instruction manuals before assembly and use of the ExerSaucer. For Plastic Parts: Wipe surface clean with cloth slightly moistened with mild soap and water. Allow to air dry. For Seat Pads: Machine Wash Separately, Cold Water - Delicate Cycle. No chlorine bleach. Tumble Dry: 10 - 15 Minutes on Low Heat - Remove Immediately.
Jolly Jumper Exerciser with Door Clamp, Black– Amazon’s choice
Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper, Little Jungle– Amazon’s Choice
- Doorway jumper features sturdy bounce spring with hidden safety cord for nonstop little leg action and jumping joy
- Keep doorways mark free with our no-mark clamp because fun should be the only lasting impression
- Baby jumper easily transports from room to room so that your baby can play anywhere you need to be
- Seat pad is easily machine washable, or wiped clean, to save you time
- Non-twist straps allow quick, easy in and out so you can move baby quickly from room to room
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that’s 100% recyclable. For a gift-ready box, select “Ship in Amazon packaging” at checkout
- Exciting lights, sounds and music reward your baby's every jump
- Infant jumper with 360 degrees of play, including peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more
- 3 adjustable height positions to grow with your baby
- No doorway required, plus fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe
Baby Einstein Neighborhood Symphony Activity Jumper – Best Overall- ideal for most families
What is a Baby Jumper and Why You Need One
A baby jumper is like an exercise equipment for babies. It’s a device that baby sits in and jumps safely without falling over. Baby jumpers nowadays come with lots of extra attachments for added entertainment.
Baby jumpers can be your savior for a few minutes to get some housework done while baby is getting entertained sitting safely in a baby jumper. Sometimes you just need a few minutes to use the restroom and can leave baby in the jumper to do just that.
I also like to place baby in the jumper so I can wash baby bottles or even to get a quick bite to eat. Babies as early as 4 months old, as long as they can hold up their own head well can be placed in a baby jumper for entertainment.
It’s also a nice place for babies to sit and be able to look around sitting up. Infants are bored of laying on their backs and tummies most of the time, so being in a jumper gives them a new perspective.
After being in baby jumper for 10-15 minutes at a time, you can bet baby might be tired and ready for nap or hungry again. I usually would feed baby after being in the jumper some milk not before so they don’t spit up of course from jumping up and down. After milk time, baby will most likely dose off or be laying down relaxed.
What are the Different Types of Baby Jumpers?
2-in-1 ExerSaucer and doorway jumper – Evenflo ExerSaucer Doorway Jumper
Pros- exercise and entertainment for baby, lightweight/portable for travel, clamp can be moved easily from room to room, springs are covered for safety, space saver, easy to clean
Cons- spring is loud, must be installed and adjusted to perfect height for baby or baby might flip forward
Activity jumper- Fisher-Price Animal Activity Jumperoo
Pros- 360 degrees of fun, music, lights, and sound, 3 different height adjustments, colorful toys, removable seat pad for easy cleaning
Cons- bulky, hard to move to different area due to weight distribution of product, needs some wheels that can be tucked away when not in use for easier transportation from room to room, the holds for legs are tight on some babies’ thighs
3-in-1 jump gym- 3-in-1 Jump Gym for Baby
Pros- 3 stages of use (sit bouncer, cruise and play, sturdy table), 360 degrees rotating seat, washable seat cushion
Cons- baby can’t jump much in it, not too much interaction for baby
Portable pop and jump- Summer Pop ‘n Jump Portable Activity Center
Pros- portable activity center, toys included, UV canopy, lightweight for travel or at home, easy clean up, compact fold
Cons- metal washers on bottom of 4 corners will scratch wooden floors, need chair pads to prevent scratching
ExerSaucer jumpers- ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Stationary Jumper
Pros- secure learn and play environment, 67 learning activities, fun lights and sounds with 3 genres of music, bounce base provides soft landing spot for baby
Cons- bulky, toys that come with unit causes pain to baby’s mouth when chewing on it, it’s too thin and sharp
Benefits of using a Baby Jumper
- Baby entertainment– can keep baby entertain with activity center as well as other attachments that you can clip on to baby jumper that you know baby likes, some come with lights and sounds that activate once baby jumps up and down
- Baby exercise– lets baby jump/bounce using their arms and legs for exercise, baby gets to release energy, as well as tired themselves out for better sleep
- Stimulates baby’s curiosity– sitting, jumping, or bouncing and playing with the attachments gives baby a different perspective
- Stimulates baby’s senses– lights and sounds from jumper as well as the toy attachments that have different textures will boost baby’s senses
- Develops core and leg strength– the jumping motions will strengthen baby’s legs and muscles
- Freedom for parents– for at least a short while to get some chores around house alone done such as washing bottles, making food, or to use the restroom, or some free time to take a breather
Things to Look for in a Good Baby Jumper
- Multiple functionality– activity center, exersaucer, jumps/bounces, 2-in-1, 3-in-1, or 4-in-1 is even better so that the baby jumper will last more than 8 months
- Easy to clean– seat cushion can be removed for washing
- Portability– not too bulky or hard to move from room to room
- Size– you don’t want it too big to take up lots of space if you don’t have a big place
- Lots of lights and sounds– options as to not bored the baby with same tunes
- Safety– all springs are covered as to not pinch baby’s fingers in any way, or baby can tip over
- Size/age limitations– make sure it will fit your baby comfortably and for more than a few months, check for age, height, and weight limits
- Adjustable heights– so you can use it for baby as young as 4 months up to 12 months, adjust height as baby’s legs get longer
Baby jumpers are fun for babies and gives parents a breather from tending to baby’s every move. We had a baby jumper for both babies and they both loved it. It’s the best watching them jumping and laughing in it. It’s even cuter when they actually fall asleep in it from being so tired.
I would recommend getting a baby jumper that is at least a 2-in-1 so that there’s more uses for it. You want to be able to use it longer than 8 months if you can. Definitely get one that also teaches baby with the ABC’s and 123’s is even better.
Just remember to use the baby jumper sparingly as to not put too much strain on baby’s body from jumping too much. Keep the jumping sessions to only 10-15 minutes at a time and only use it twice a day if needed.