The best baby walkers will give babies a little more freedom while sitting in a chair like device that moves with each baby step. It’s a moving activity center for babies. It helps teaches babies to alternate each foot for movement.
Baby walkers will give parents a little break as well from watching baby’s every move when baby is crawling everywhere. Babies as young as 4 months can be placed in a baby walker as long as they can hold up their own head steady and feet can touch the floor.
Baby walkers for babies gives the baby freedom to roam in a chair-like device. They will enjoy the toys on the walker as well as being able to “walk” around on their own without any assistance from anyone.
There are some downsides to baby walker according to some medical professionals. The Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has an article on their web page about the safety precautions for buying baby gear.
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure for more details.”
The Top 10 Best Baby Walkers of 2020
Joovy Spoon Walker– Best Seller
- Super-sized tray with removable insert, insert is dishwasher safe
- Folds flat for easy storage and travel; BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- Seat pad is supportive and comfortable, machine washable
- Three height positions, oversized wheels and non slip stair pads
- Maximum child weight: 30 pounds, maximum child height: 33.5 inches. To fold or adjust the height you must turn the rectangular button counter-clockwise 90º and then push in. Lower the walker to the desired height and then release the button
- 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE DESIGN -- Easily converts from seated activity walker to a walk-behind walker for boys and girls! Independent front swivel wheels for easy maneuvering and skid -resistant friction pads on base
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT -- Adjustable seat pad height to grow with your baby. Skid-resistant friction pads on base for child safety. The high foam seat back provides added support and comfort for boys and girls
- FUN TOYS & ACTIVITIES -- Entertain baby girl or boy with fun developmental toys: upright flower mirror with crinkle petals and textured stem, spinning ball for batting play and bead bar for motor skill development. Great for gift-giving, baby registry and baby showers
- COMPACT FOLD FOR STORAGE -- Easily folds flat for storage and compact enough for your trips away from home. Folded dimensions: 30" L x 24.3" W x 8" H
- EASY CLEAN -- Machine-washable seat pad for quick clean-ups. Wipe plastic parts with a damp cloth using mild soap. One-year manufacturer warranty. JPMA Certified
- Keep your little 1 entertained: This walker features playful sounds, lights, and 5 dinosaur themed toys that promote fine motor control development
- Large snack and play area: The activity trays swing to the side revealing a large tray that’s perfect for snack time or a favorite toy
- Machine washable: The padded seat is machine washable, making it simple to keep clean when messes happen; Assembled product dimensions (l x w x h): 28.10 x 24.00 x 22.50 inches
- Adjustable heights: The walker features 3 different height positions; This allows you to easily keep your child at the right height as they grow
- Compact design for storage: Designed to fold down and nest inside the outer frame, the walker is easier to store away when not in use
- Interactive learning baby walker has a removable play panel; Frustration Free Packaging means it comes in a plain brown box
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage creativity; wheels work on carpeted and hard floors
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up buttons that develop motor skills
- Pretend telephone handset and mechanical elements enhance role-play fun; 2 AA batteries are included
- Over 70 sing-along songs, music, sound effects and fun phrases; meant for babies and toddlers 9 months to 3 years old
- Removable toy bar with toys
- Large surround tray for food or toys and multi-directional front wheels
- Three-position height adjustable and high back padded seat
- Folds flat for easy transport or storage
- Extra wide base for superior stability
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as your baby grows: Sit & play and Stand & Walk
- Hands-on activities for sitting babies plus light-up buttons to press for sing-along songs and phrases
- Fun phrases, music and sounds help reach the alphabet, numbers and more
- Easy-grasp handle and sturdy 4-wheel base help steady baby’s first steps
- For babies ages 6 months and older
- Grows with your child by easily transforming from a baby gym with dangling toys to a light-up activity panel and into a walker with speed control
- Three modes play melodies and sound effects; introduce colors, shapes, letters and numbers or encourage physical movement
- Interactive features encourage fine motor skills and include five piano keys, a phone, bead spinner, two dangling toys and more
- Customizable wheels can be set at different speeds to match your child's ability level
- Color-changing dome lights up in six different colors to enhance the music and learning. Requires 2 AA batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only, new batteries recommended for regular use); intended for ages 3 months to 3 years
- WOODEN WALKER WITH ENGAGING ACTIVITIES: The Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy is a wooden activity walker for babies on the move. It features three chomping alligators, fish on the wheels, and spinning butterfly and ladybug beads.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: Our alligator push toy is made with high- quality materials and assembled to precision manufacturing standards. This keeps it safe for children 12 months and older to use.
- MAKES SOUNDS WHEN MOVED: This child push toy makes a gentle clacking noise when it is pushed. This cheerful toy encourages gross and fine motor skills while developing hand-eye coordination.
- GIFT FOR 12 MONTHS AND UP: This toy is a great gift for kids 12 months and up. Add the Melissa & Doug First Play Wooden Elephant Rocking Stacker to round out the hands-on play experience and give kids an engaging option for screen-free fun.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- Musical infant walking toy with 2 ways to play as baby grows: sit & play or stand & walk!
- 75+ songs, sounds and phrases introduce the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers, Spanish words and more
- Easy-grasp handle helps steady baby’s first steps, plus 7 hands-on activities including light-up piano keys and nose, roller, spinner, flip page and more
- Bilingual learning content changes with baby’s age and stage with Smart Stages technology
- For babies ages 6-36 months
Baby Walker, Adjustable Baby Walking Harness Safety Harnesses – Amazon’s Choice
- 💎【REDUCE BACKACHE RESULTING FROM BENDING OVER】💎Are you because of long term Bend over To help children learn to walk resulting Is the sore waist ? Try LCHUANG baby walking harness,stand straight can also teach babies to walk,Incredible one baby walking assistant,only it can help you
- 💎【BABY FASTEST HELPER】💎If your hands don't leave the baby,You never know when a baby can walk on his own,Baby walking harness,Hands can be separated from the baby,Protected by Baby Walker,Let the baby move forward steadily
- 💎【EASY TO WEAR & EASY TO UNLOAD】💎different from other baby walking harness,LCHUANG baby walker,velcro design on the back,easy to put on and take off the baby walking harness
- 💎【SUITABLE FOR ALL SEASONS BREATHABLE】💎the soft hand feeling and strong air permeability,Widened with a sponge pad, and has better elasticity to prevent the baby injured,light quick-drying, comfortable breathable,even if used in the summer, the baby will not feel hot and irritable.
- 💎【FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY】💎--- Customer is God.If there is any problem with baby walking harness,please contact us. You do not need to return or pay the courier fee.We 100% promise a Free 2 year warranty
What is a Baby Walker and Why You Need One
Baby walker is a device for infants to help them “walk” with a little assistance. They consist of a “chair” for baby to sit inside that has wheels for them to push themselves to move one step at a time.
It is similar to a baby jumper/activity center but it is mobile so baby can walk in it from place to place.
You need a baby walker for baby to experience movement on their own in a upright position. They will learn that they can go place to place on their own without crawling everywhere.
The Different Types of Baby Walkers
Handheld Baby Walking Harness for Kids– baby walking assistant belt helps baby stand upright and learn how to walk with assistant from parents without being hunched over straining their back, works well for babies starting at 8 months old
- the adjustable straps and buckets make it comfortable for baby as well as the crotch area is detachable too when baby gets bigger
- hand wash only and air dry
Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra Walker– 2 ways to play- sit and play or stand and walk, lots of activities and music/sounds to entertain baby
- music and sounds with fun phrases encourages baby with each step
- teaches ABC’s, 123’s, and more
- fun activities to help with fine motor skills
- paint of the toy smudges off when baby puts mouth on it
- wheels don’t lock, on hard wood floors it really goes fast so baby can slip and fall
- super sized tray with removable inserts
- wide base to ensure fingers don’t get pinched
- seat pad is removable and washable
- comfortable and supportive
- 3 height positions
- folds flat for easy storage and travel
- highest height position is not tall enough for normal size babies
- wheels don’t lock for stationary use
- front wheels get stuck sometimes so younger babies can’t move it
- 2 ways to walk
- developmental activities included
- height adjustable grows with baby
- easy to clean tray
- seat pad is removable and washable
- skid-resistance pads on base for safety
- exterior bumpers help prevent scuffing of walls and furniture
- Can’t fold
- Can’t be used for taller baby, too short
NuoPeng 3 in 1 Baby Sit-to-Stand Walker, Activity Center, Entertainment Table, Drawing Board– lots of different uses in one baby walker, keeps baby entertained for a long time
- 100% safe and non-toxic
- push to walk helps baby develop coordination and own strength
- play as entertaining table
- learn to write and draw on drawing board
Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker– Amazon’s Choice-resembles a Jeep for all the Jeep lover parents, has steering wheels with realistic horn and engine sounds
- 3-in-1 walker for more entertainment for baby
- high seat back provides extra support and comfortable
- has snack tray when removable toy tray is taken off
- Sticker on mirror comes off when baby tries to bite on it
- Hard to move on carpet
- Steering wheel can get stuck in baby’s mouth
- Sits too high can’t lower height
- Wheels are too slippery
Benefits of Using a Baby Walker
- Gives baby freedom to move in the upright position
- Boost independence for baby
- Gives baby encouragement to take steps to move
- Provides fun and entertainment
- Parents have more time to do other things around the house
Things to Look for in a Good Baby Walker
Plastic is perfect as it won’t damage easily. Polyester fiber is more expensive but also lightweight and durable.
It’s best to be able to adjust to each baby’s height, according to how early you place baby into a baby walker. Plus, babies come in many different sizes and we want our baby to be able to grow with the walker for at least a few months.
Easy movement on all floor types
We want our baby to be able to move around in the baby walker on both carpet and hardwood floorl
It is a must to have wheels that have brakes included for safety. Hardwood floors can be too slippery for younger babies.
Has toy attachments to keep more entertained in a baby walker. Even better if there’s lights and sounds for more entertainment.
We don’t want another bulky baby item laying about in our home taking up space. It’s best if it can be folded and stored away when not in use.
Make sure baby is sitting comfortably in the baby walker with cushion seat. A plus if the seat is removable for easy cleaning.
Baby walkers are fun for babies and gives parents a little break from tending to baby’s every move. The best baby walker will be the one your baby enjoys the most. The multi functional ones with lights, sounds, and toy attachments would be the better deal. You just have to decide if you want your baby to be in a seated baby walker or have a push walker to play with and learn how to walk with a more natural movement.